Simon is a specialist commercial dispute resolution solicitor and leads the firm’s litigation team.
Simon joined Dyne Drewett in October 2011 having previously spent eight years with a leading regional southwest practice based in Exeter. He provides advice to a wide range of clients, from sole proprietors to multi-national businesses, on the full spectrum of commercial disputes including contractual disputes, partnership and shareholder disputes, negligence claims (including against professionals), breach of warranty claims, defamation and intellectual property disputes.
A good proportion of Simon’s work takes place before litigation proceedings have been issued, when there is often the opportunity for a resolution to be achieved without the need for litigation proceedings. To this end, Simon is an advocate of and experienced in negotiation as well as other alternative forms of dispute resolution, such as mediation.
Recent examples of work include:
- Acting for a major dairy producer in a dispute with its feed supplier;
- Representing a minority shareholder in a Companies Act 2006 section 994 petition for relief from unfairly prejudicial treatment from majority shareholders;
- Representing a local authority in a contractual dispute relating to heating equipment in local housing;
- Successfully negotiating the amicable dissolution of a partnership business;
- Representing a well-known organization in the motor industry in a claim against its former professional advisers;
- Representing an artist against a former apprentice in a claim for copyright infringement.
Out of the office, Simon enjoys the outdoors with his young family and is a keen skier.